Google beats, stock pops
- Alphabet increased its headcount to 66,575, a big leap from 57,148 a year before.Porat said that Google was growing bigger by numbers, but "Other Bets" were growing faster
- Google websites revenue was $15.4 billion, up 24% year-over-year, while Google's networks revenue was $3.7 billion, up 3% year-over-year. Websites revenue includes YouTube
- Its operating expenses — other than cost of revenues — were $7.4 billion, or 34% of its revenue.
- The company's capital expenditures were $2.12 billion. Porat said that the costs were driven by production equipment (likely for YouTube) and data center construction
- Its traffic acquisition costs — the fees it pays to partner websites that run Google ads or services — were $3.9 billion. Last quarter, Google's TAC made analysts nervous. It has held steady year-over-year at 21% of total advertising revenue