The only 6 things a modern gentleman should keep in his wallet
- Credit card and debit card. Plastic is now the norm, but there's no need to overdo it. One credit card and one debit card is all that you should have in your wallet.
- ID card (and business ID, if needed).
- Cash. For drinks at bars, paying friends back, and those annoying restaurants that arestill cash-only, cash is necessary.
- Transit card. If you're in a major city, it's likely that you'll take public transit regularly.
- Insurance cards. Should the worst happen, it's a good thing to have your insurance information on hand. The cards are thin and don't take up much room, and they're handy to have in an emergency.
- A business card. You never know when you'll need it, and it's a lot easier than trying to find a pen and paper to write down your email or phone number.