Bill Ackman and Valeant execs just got through one of the most brutal Senate hearings we've ever seen
- Pearson was questioned about Valeant's R&D spending, its patient-assistance program, and its drug-pricing policy.
- He was also asked about a Wells Fargo note that said Valeant had raised prices on 16 of its products in the past year.
- Bill Ackman said that he was focused on saving Valeant from bankruptcy.
- He was also questioned about his investments in Herbalife and Fannie and Freddie.
- "Can you find me one drug that Valeant didn't raise the price on?" McCaskill asked.
- Neither Ackman nor Pearson could find one.