Amazon's stock skyrockets toward $1,040 on strong earnings
- Google's parent company Alphabet beat expectations on third-quarter results, sending the stock popping after-hours. The company generated $27.77 billion in revenue, up 24% from a year ago.
- Intel beat analyst expectations in its third-quarter earnings report with revenue up 2% from the same quarter last year.
- Microsoft's fiscal first-quarter earnings beat Wall Street expectations on both the top and bottom lines. Shares in the company, which reported its results after the closing bell Thursday, inched up by almost 4% to about $81.75 in after-hours trading.
- Revenue: Q3 2017 revenue of $43.7 billion, versus $42.19 billion expected. So that's a beat.
- Earnings: $0.52 a share versus $0.52 last year.