Here are the metrics behind Facebook's monster second quarter
- Instagram Stories and WhatsApp Stories each have over 250 million people using them daily.
- Facebook has over 70 million businesses on Facebook and over 15 million business profiles on Instagram.
- With 2.01 billion monthly active users at the end of Q2, Facebook added 294 million monthly active users in the past 12 months.
- Facebook's 1.33 billion daily active users increased by 197 million since the year-ago quarter.
- The average price per ad during the quarter increased 24% year over year, while the number of ads increased 19%.
- Total expenses increased 33% year over year.
- Facebook generated over $3.9 billion in free cash flow and ended the quarter with over $34 billion in cash and investments.