christine lagarde1Christine Lagarde. Reuters
PARIS (Reuters) - International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde said on Sunday she was confident that she had done nothing wrong ahead of a court hearing about payments to a businessman when she was French finance minister.
Lagarde is set to stand trial on Monday over her role in a 400 million euro ($428 million) payout to Bernard Tapie in 2008 when she was finance minister in President Nicolas Sarkozy's government.
"Negligence is a non-intentional offense. I think we are all a bit negligent sometimes in our life. I have done my job as well as I could, within the limits of what I knew," she said on France 2 television.
Lagarde said she was confident and determined, and denied that she have favored Tapie or that she had acted on Sarkozy's orders.
Read the original article on Reuters. Copyright 2016. Follow Reuters on Twitter.