Sunday, April 5, 2015

Obama says a weakened Israel would be failure of his presidency

Obama says a weakened Israel would be failure of his presidency

PUBLISHED ON APR 6, 2015 8:00 AM
 2 81 0 0PRINTEMAIL
 
Mr Obama said while Israel has reason to be concerned about Iran, he defended the framework agreement on Iran's nuclear programme that negotiators drew up last week. -- PHOTO: EPA
WASHINGTON (AFP) - US President Barack Obama has said that a weakened Israel would be a "fundamental failure of my presidency," affirming solidarity with his country's long-time ally despite recent differences over the Iran nuclear deal.
Mr Obama said while Israel has reason to be concerned about foe Iran, he defended the framework agreement on Iran's nuclear programme that negotiators drew up last week.
Mr Obama made the comments to The New York Times in a 45-minute video interview on Saturday that was posted on Sunday.
"I would consider it a failure on my part, a fundamental failure of my presidency, if on my watch or as a consequence of work that I've done, Israel was rendered more vulnerable," Mr Obama said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

728 X 90

336 x 280

300 X 250

320 X 100

300 X600